I've been on a journey with the Lord this past year, wading through some disturbing issues in modern prophetic ministry. Although I see a lot of error and hype, I still believe wholeheartedly in the pure prophetic—and still see plenty of it. The Lord spoke these words to my heart in September, and I'm just now releasing them widely:
I'm about to ignite the prophets. Many have ignored the prophetic voices in this hour, but I'm about to set them on fire so the world can watch them burn with the message that's on My heart. Many have forsaken My prophetic voices in the season, but I'm about to raise them up in an undeniable way so that all can see that I have a voice, and I have a say, and I have a plan, and I have a purpose for My people and for this nation in the season.
So embrace My fire now as I pour it out upon you and understand that I am doing a new thing in the prophetic ministry. Some of the old ways are no longer working because they were seasonal. The new way will be fire, fire, fire. The new way will be intimacy with Me that demonstrates and manifests My love in the midst of the hard days.
I will give you hard words, but they will be laced with fire and they will burn through the opposition. Some will still oppose you, yes, but many will begin to hear because as they see and they sense what is happening in the world they will need verbiage and words to understand and describe what it is they are coming into.
The prophets and prophetic voices in the land will not only give heed to what I'm saying, but they will express it with clarity. They will sound the alarm. They will blow the trumpet. They will understand what is on My mind and what is on My heart because they have spent time in My counsel. I am bringing them out of the wilderness places even now, and I am setting them on a watch tower, and I am setting them in a military formation to go forth and lead an army of prophetic saints into the battlefield to overtake the wicked one in Jesus' name.
There is so much here to process, but I want to point out five things to consider.
JOIN JENNIFER ON FACEBOOK FOR SPIRITUAL COMMENTARY AND ENCOURAGEMENT. CLICK HERE.
1. He is about to set the prophets on fire. God is looking for John the Baptist prophets in this hour who will confront religious demons working to hold back the next great move of God. Jesus called John the Baptist a burning and shining lamp (John 5:35). The word burning in that verse comes from the Greek word kaio, which means "to set on fire, light, burning to burn, consume with fire."
Isaiah 40:3-5 described John the Baptist this way: "The voice of him who cries out, 'Prepare the way of the Lord in the wilderness, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Let every valley be lifted up, and every mountain and hill be made low, and let the rough ground become a plain, and the rough places a plain; then the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken it.'"
The fiery prophets will pave the way to the glory of God by confronting the demons that blind people's eyes and dull their ears. He called the religious Pharisees a brood of vipers! These forerunner prophets will cry out with messages of repentance in the last days that will turn hearts back to the fathers, according to Malachi 4:6. Ask the Lord to set you on fire so the world can watch you burn!
2. Embrace the new fire. He said new fire, not strange fire. There's a strange fire making its way through prophetic ministry. God wants prophetic people with new fire that comes from intimacy with Him to rise up and demonstrate pure prophecies, legitimate signs and wonders and authentic miracles. The Lord is not looking for one-hit wonders. He's looking for living signs that point the way to Jesus. The spirit of prophecy is the testimony of Jesus.
This also means embracing the refiner's fire and the making process. Proverbs 17:3 says, "The refining pot is for silver and the furnace for gold, but the Lord tries the hearts." Isaiah 48:10-11 says, "See, I have refined you, but not with silver; I have chosen you in the furnace of affliction. For My own sake, even for My own sake, I will do it; for how can My name be polluted? And I will not give My glory to another."
Click here to learn more about Jennifer's Ignite network to connect prophets and prophetic voices in this hour.
3. The Lord is bringing a clear sound in the true prophetic. There are so many conflicting prophetic voices. Some of them really aren't conflicting. They are just prophesying their part. We must discern the spirits behind the prophecies. Clarity is one of the tests.
First Corinthians 14:7-9 says, "Even when things without life give sound, whether flute or harp, how will it be known what is played unless they give a distinction in the sounds? If the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare himself for the battle? So also you, unless with the tongue you speak words easy to understand, how will it be known what is spoken? For you shall speak into the air."
We don't need ambiguous prophecies no one can understand in this hour. We don't need prophets to speak in parables in this hour. We need a clear sound so we can prepare our hearts and war with the prophecies offered. We need accountability in the prophetic. It's time to set the trumpet to your mouth and blow it with clarity and confidence.
4. We need to stand in His counsel. The new breed of accurate prophets and prophetic people will cultivate intimacy with God and stand in His counsel. Intimacy is one of the markers that is going to distinguish the new breed of prophets. Jeremiah's words are still prophetic for today.
We are coming into a season where we will see "people fainting from fear and expectation of the [dreadful] things coming on the world" (Luke 21:26, AMP). We're seeing a foretaste of this even now. We must invest time to cultivate the oil of intimacy so we can oil our shields as we enter escalating end-times warfare amid a Great Falling Away that will see many deceived.
5. God is going to bring unknown voices out of the wilderness and into formation. Prophets who have been hidden in the wilderness will emerge with fresh oil on their shields and fresh revelation in their hearts to declare the uncompromising word of the Lord by faith. Watchman ministry will receive newfound respect in the coming hour as Christians find themselves blindsided by world events. Watchmen and spiritual warriors will connect in new ways, working together in unity to push back the darkness trying to stop the manifestation of the glorious church.
Jennifer LeClaire is senior editor of Charisma. She is also director of Awakening House of Prayer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, co-founder of awakeningtv.com, on the leadership team of the New Breed Revival Network and author of several books, including The Next Great Move of God: An Appeal to Heaven for Spiritual Awakening; Mornings With the Holy Spirit, Listening Daily to the Still, Small Voice of God; The Making of a Prophet and Satan's Deadly Trio: Defeating the Deceptions of Jezebel, Religion and Witchcraft. You can visit her website here. You can also join Jennifer on Facebook or follow her on Twitter. Jennifer's Periscope handle is @propheticbooks.